Life Launch enhances the mission and vision of the organization by creating a program specific for youth ages 14+ living in Angels’ Arms homes. Life Launch provides opportunities for guiding youth as they explore, prepare and transition from foster care to young adult life.
What does Life Launch do?
Youth have many opportunities to engage with other peers in the Life Launch program through quarterly events, small group outings, and peer-to-peer engagements. This network further develops a sense of family as youth discover and learn together as they navigate the aging out process.
Life Launch trains and supports eligible volunteers to become mentors to our youth and young adults. Mentoring helps youth develop healthy relationships, provides much needed one-on-one interactions, and allows them to explore new experiences and future goals with a reliable and dependable adult connection.
Youth receive one-on-one support with life skills, educational and employment goals, learning financial responsibility, and much more through engagement with the Life Launch Coordinator, foster parent(s), and other outside resources.
Eligible Angels’ Arms young adults can apply for our transitional housing program where they pay rent (which is reimbursed upon exiting the program), explore career options through further education and/or employment, and learn independent living skills with the continued support of the Life Launch program and the Angels’ Arms family.
Ways to get Involved
- Join our mentor program. For more information, see the “About Mentoring” section to the right.
- Host a life skills focused event and/ or volunteer at an event.
- Have a special skill? Support youth individually in the following ways:
- Developing a resume
- Interviewing skills
- Provide job shadowing/ tours or internship opportunities.
- Make a financial contribution though our donation page.
- Age 21 or older
- Able to work with and be accessible to a youth
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow
- Able to challenge and encourage
- Able to set limits and provide supervision
- Access to reliable transportation
- Serve as positive role model, coach and support for youth on personal, school and career related issues
- Meet with mentee at least monthly and maintain contact as agreed upon
- Participate in training and supervision through Life Launch
- Participate in special group events and activities
- Remain in contact with Life Launch Coordinator and foster parent (if applicable)
- Maintain confidentiality