Living room chairs
Toys and other
Living room chairs
Toys and other
May 24th was an exciting day at Angels’ Arms! 💙
Our friend Julie Treloar paid us a visit to drop off special gifts for two new youth in our homes, including the 2,000th quilt made by DenimQuilts.
These one-of-a-kind blankets provide so much warmth and comfort to the children in our homes. Over the last 10 years, each child that has set foot in an Angels’ Arms home has received one.
Thank you to Julie Treloar, Sally Safranski and all the DenimQuilts volunteers for giving our kids something of their very own to treasure forever.
⬇️In honor of their 10th Anniversary, below at TEN FUN FACTS about DenimQuilts:
1. DenimQuilts recycles and repurposes old jeans, blankets, and other fabrics to make their custom made quilts.
2. Denim Quilts was founded by friends Sally Safranski and Julie Treloar in 2009.
3. The first ever made quilt was donated to an Angels’ Arms child.
4. The 1,000th quilt was also donated to an Angels’ Arms child in 2016.
5. More than 40 volunteers collect, sort and cut the fabric and help assemble the quilts.
6. Four yards of fabric are needed for each quilt
7. It takes about 25 to 40 hours to make each quilt
8. Each quilt is adorned with a jean pocket, personalized with the recipients’ names, favorite sports, characters, hobbies, and interests.
9. DenimQuilts has supported over 40 organizations through donated quilts.
10. Denim Quilts has donated over 250 quilts to Angels’ Arms kids.
To learn more about this amazing group, check out their facebook page!
“Being Jason’s mentor has been an incredible experience for me. The opportunity to have fun with someone, build a friendship with them, and pour into their life in a positive way is a huge blessing. I highly recommend it! Our lives are so much more meaningful and rich when we invest in others. I believe mentoring not only provides an opportunity to make an impact in someone else’s life – it provides an opportunity to impact your life as well.”Nate
Male youth (14) – likes football and boxing, enjoys listening to music and playing video games
Male youth (14) – loves all sports but especially enjoys basketball (watching and playing), like to play video games
Male youth (17) – wants to learn how to play and build skills in basketball, enjoys relaxing, likes outdoor activities and exercise
Male youth (14) – interested in technology, likes basketball and football
Click HERE to complete an online mentor application.
Please contact Cat, Life Launch Program Coordinator at Angels’ Arms. email@example.com Office: 314-842-8400
UPDATE: 5/13/2019 – 4:15PM
Congratulations to Jenna Sparks for winning the Game 3 Blues VS Sharks tickets. Thank you to everyone who participated in the raffle, helping us raise $5,000 in support of our foster families. Special shout-out the Jen and Rodney Wallner for donating their tickets and making the raffle possible.
Support Angels’ Arms this National Foster Care Awareness Month by entering for a chance to experience the magic of playoff hockey in GLASS SEATS at Game #3 of the Western Conference Finals between the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks on Wednesday, May 15 at 7 pm.
Raffle ticket quantity Options:
1 raffle ticket – $25
5 raffle tickets – $100
GET YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS NOW!
Prize includes TWO all-inclusive GLASS SEAT tickets to the Scott Credit Union Rinkside Club, section 109G, Row A, Seats 8&9. Hang out with fellow Blues fans in this comfortable and relaxed environment during pregame, intermission, and after the final horn and enjoy all-inclusive food and beverage including chef-attended action stations.
Winner will be selected on 5/13/19 at 4PM CST via Angels’ Arms Facebook LIVE @angelsarmsstl and contacted shortly after by Angels’ Arms staff.
100% of all raffle proceeds benefit Angels’ Arms
Raffle proudly sponsored by The Wallner Home Selling Team.