We’re growing our team and seeking a Communications Coordinator. This is a newly created position that is solely dedicated to communications. The ideal candidate for this job is creative and can operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. A positive, can-do attitude with strong self-initiative and the ability to multi-task with staff are essential to the success of this position.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the organization’s communications, marketing, social media, and public relations activities while supporting internal team members.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Produce content for our key audiences via website, social media, email marketing, and print marketing.
- Coordinate the design and production of all marketing materials and messaging for key programs and events.
- Implement a new strategic marketing and social media plan.
- Write and edit copy for Angels’ Arms marketing materials.
- Work with website developer to update website design and content.
- Coordinate the design and production of all materials to support fundraising efforts such as sponsorship decks and outreach materials.
- Assist with the design and distribution of event-branded materials and supplies.
- Monitor all communications and fundraising efforts, internal and external, to ensure the consistency of brand messaging.
- Maintain and update the Angels’ Arms photo database.
- Generate new angles and ideas to promote support and awareness of our mission.
- Create and manage social media editorial calendar.
- Develop channel-specific, timely content, and campaigns.
- Actively monitor and engage with our community on social media to drive engagement, support, and awareness of Angels’ Arms.
- Create and host live-streamed social media events, as needed.
- Monitor and analyze social media data and create a monthly insights report as a way to improve messaging and outreach.
- Stay on top of emerging social media trends and other social channels; analyze and report opportunities for growth.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of press releases and serve as a media point of contact.
- Attend and participate in public speaking engagements.
- Manage the Angels’ Arms swag inventory and order new items as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in marketing, communications and/or social media management role.
- High level of proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with managing an organization’s social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, iMovie, Canva, Constant Contact, and WordPress a plus but not required.
Skills and abilities:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
$35,000-$38,000, plus health, retirement, vacation and life insurance benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jasmina Schue at firstname.lastname@example.org. This full-time position is based out of the Angels’ Arms office in South St. Louis County (12128A Tesson Ferry Rd., St. Louis, MO 63128).