May is National Foster Care Awareness Month, a time to recognize foster parents, families, volunteers, mentors and child welfare professionals who provide loving homes and resources to children and youth in foster care.
Did you know that close to 700 children enter the foster care system every day and currently there are more than 440,000 children and youth in foster care in the United States? We encourage you to find a way to get involved in their lives. Below are a few ways you too can support foster children in our community during National Foster Care Awareness month and beyond:
- Donate to fund a child’s wish.
- Volunteer to make and deliver a meal to a foster family.
- Host a collection to support foster families.
- Sponsor a child for their birthday.
- Become a mentor to a youth in our Life Launch Program.
- Consider becoming a foster parent and give the gift of a family to a child in need. For more information, visit the Missouri Department of Social Services.
For more ways to get involved, visit www.angelsarms.org